View Single Post
Old
08-10-2012, 05:15 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
well when he gets called up, hes in a 4th line position and we don't need him to play the PK. you want him to get his feet wet and detroit is an organization that doesnt always toss kids into the special teams roles unless they are the top-end kids like nyquist, tatar, ect..

example, if we call up sheahan this year and we don't have a ton of injuries to the bottom 6 and most of the pkers are around, i dont see him playing the pk much, if at all. if jurco gets a call up for ***** and gigs and someone like hank, pavs or franzen are out, i could see him getting a little pp time to see what he can do.. just my POV.
So if I am following correctly it is okay to toss kids into skill roles on the PP right out of the gate. However, guys that specialize in PK and will play that role for most of their career should wait. Sheahan and Andersson are already better PK guys than some of our options, when they are up they should be looked at in those roles. I could not disagree more, if they fail it sends them back down, but at least we know.

The Zetterberg Era is online now   Reply With Quote