View Single Post
Old
08-10-2012, 06:36 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I'm not saying you should spend but I don't see why you'd hold back. It's a billion dollar business. The total worth of the league and its assets is in the billions.

We love to talk about inflated egos but reality is, it's a business. We like to say "owners want more money, greedy"...no, it's a business. Not busting your balls, I just assume you know what I mean. I wouldn't buy the habs for half a billion(which was the price I believe) and then say "money is not an issue". It always is (unforunately). I don't blame the owners at all, they are businessmen doing business. Even if they lockout and do whatever they like, we can sit at home and call them greedy but they owe us nothing. If we choose to not buy their merchandise well...to be fair, we owe them nothing either.
In defense of the players, who's idea was it to put hockey into non-traditional markets in order to "expand" the game? It was surely Bettman and his "league of governors" who had they're say in that. Now who is crying wolf because said teams cannot compete in today's CBA climate?

I call that the boy who cried Wolf, personally.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote