View Single Post
Old
08-10-2012, 09:30 PM
MarkGio

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Let's say before a draft, the Flames were to make a pitch to get a top 5 pick, Jbo wouldn't land that alone. I don't think Bouwmeester would get Couts straight up either, but with how desperate Philly is for a dman this may be our opportunity to leverage a player like Couturier from the Flyers. What I mean is that if the Flames add to deal, then maybe we have a shot to get him.

What I would offer is Jbo, Backlund and a 1st. Value wise I think its bang on. They get their top pairing dman, a young center with upside who can play on the 3rd next year, and a draft pick that they may view as a top 15 pick in a deep draft. I would just ask for Gus to come back our way to help restock our defensive depth.

Feaster can always move vets like Stemps, Comeau etc. at the upcoming deadline to help add some more draft picks. It would suck to lose our 1st, but with all the prospects we added over the last 2 drafts, I think we will survive.
Now this is just getting crazy. People around here think Couts is the second coming of Greztky. His match-up against Malkin was epic, but if this team is ever going to be a 1st organization it's got to stop looking for solutions from other teams.

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote