View Single Post
Old
08-10-2012, 10:36 PM
UNB Bruins Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Is Bryce Swan offically on the team?
I have no inside info but he posted this on his twitter...

Quote:
@neilymac12 let's mix in a round at kingswood soon with @cpridham.. Could be seeing a lot of each other this year #bonding
There had also been some talk earlier in the summer about Pridham maybe transferring to UNB for his 5th year as well...

If Swan is indeed coming it would be a huge addition (not to mention a big blow to St. FX) as he would pretty much replace Bailey's offense. He has put up seasons of 22, 31, 29, and 25 points...and is more of a goal scorer (has had season of 19 and 20 goals), which I think they lacked last season.

You add him to Critchlow, and full seasons from Wiebe and Wudrick, and I think they have improved their offence from last season. Those additions would more than offset the loss of Bailey/Clendenning/Lee/Lynes IMO.

The defence is still a concern though, especially if Tam doesn't come. But I imagine there are still some decent guys out there...and some more good ones will probably become available after their pro camps don't work out (similar to Kidd a few years back). I can't imagine it would be too hard to recruit someone to come here since there should be ice time available. Right now they have Wright/Kidd/Desnoyers/Shutron/Denny/Roberston/Corcoran if needed...and a few of those guys have battled injuries during their time here so I think they another top defenceman or two.

Last edited by UNB Bruins Fan: 08-10-2012 at 11:57 PM.