View Single Post
Old
08-10-2012, 09:38 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

vCash: 50
I'm not at all surprised that I would be in the minority of the proposal I offered, but I would do that deal without hesitation. While I'll admit it is a HUGE gamble, I think its a calculated risk and well worth it. To me, its about having the foresight to make such a deal.

In the last 20+ years, this organization has failed to get a legitimate #1C because of its inability to draft one. We have also been to scared to take the necessary risks to go out and get one via trade. If a player like Couturier reaches his potential, he simply will not become available for any price. We see maybe once every 5 years a high profile centerman move via trade, such as Richards or Thorton. I think we need to take advantage of this rare opportunity and take the risk.

I watched Couturier many times this past season and I am of the opinion that he is going to be a phenomenal player. There is nothing about his game that I do not like. He has tremendous size and defensive awareness, he is a smooth skater and has excellent playmaking skills, he has a fantastic shot with great hands around the net. Given the right opportunity, I feel he will be a premier center in the NHL for quite some time and that is why I would offer so much.

I completely understand people for thinking I am offering far to much for Couturier, but in the long run I think it would be more than worth it.

But again, what the hell do I know

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote