View Single Post
Old
04-27-2006, 09:26 AM
JR#9*

vCash: 500
This is no longer the 31 yr old UFA age...things are done differently now and you have a chance to get UFA's in their prime now and while you must use your cap space wisely, picking up a key UFA or 2 is now a part of how every team will go about constructing their rosters.

The other thing to remember is that signing a UFA centerman doesn't really stall a guy like Immonen because Nylander's contract is up at the end of next year so whoever we sign can take the #1 spot and Immonen can sieze the #2 spot if his play warrants it.

While I would love Savards playmaking on the 2nd line I think we need some size up the middle and I think Arnott would be a great pickup depending on the price.You need a guy like him in the eastern conference and I think we'll resign Sykora and you know the 2 of them have chemistry.

On defense I prefer Chara because while he isn't as good as Redden offensively he is no slouch in that spot either with 16 goals and 43 pts in 71 games and he is the type of dman you need come playoff time to play 30 minutes a night and who can shut down opposing teams top lines on a nightly basis.This guy is only 29, give him a 4 yr deal.

If not Chara I'd make a run at Kubina.

JR#9* is offline   Reply With Quote