View Single Post
Old
08-11-2012, 04:39 AM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jxmarts View Post
I'm surprised Stajcer is getting more love than Missiaen. Missiaen actually had a pretty good year in the ECHL as a pro, while Stajcer has not been able to hold down a starting job in junior the last 2 years. Talbot is older, and he'll probably be the Rangers emergency call up & then move on next year as a minor league free agent (like Chad Johnson).
The reason Stajcer is getting love is because the reality of the situation is this: He had nowhere to play last season. His junior team didn't want him as they had other goalies willing and able to play, developing them for the future. The AHL was full (Johnson and Talbot) and he's not going to take an NHL spot. They roll over his contract in junior one more season by sending him there. The ECHL is not a place you want to play if you plan on making it to the pro's, even as a goalie. Junior hockey is better than the ECHL. Notice his numbers increase going from the QMJHL to the ECHL. The league isn't good. He'd have been better served in some European league. With Johnson gone, I'm expecting Stajcer to win the backup role outright on the Whale. Missiaen, while he has some potential, I don't see it being the same as Stajcer. I can see Stajcer being a back-up in the NHL, while Missiaen will I can see being an AHL goalie at his best.

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote