View Single Post
Old
08-11-2012, 03:50 AM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

vCash: 500
The New York Rangers are the top team in the East going into the season. You have to expect that with the results from last season as well as going out and getting Rick Nash without breaking the young core of Rangers coming up and improving.

Stepan and McDonagh are going to need to take another step forward in development. Same with Del Zotto. Hagelin has to grow from his struggles ending last season and Kreider has to come in a produce well enough (15-20 goals and around 40 points).

The 6th D spot has to be solved. Bickel isn't good enough come playoffs. Sauer or someone from the minors (McIlrath) or a trade will have to solidify that spot.

Young players will also have to step up as I don't know how the bottom 6 will perform. At some point players like JT Miller, Christian Thomas, or Andrew Yogan are going to have to be able to play a bottom 6 role or another trade or 2 will have to be made. I'll have to see a lot from Rupp and Asham to make it so this team doesn't have to get some more people for the bottom 6.

Even with the possible issues this team has, the rest of the pieces in place, and the pieces other teams are missing tells me the Rangers are at the top, until some team comes and takes it from them.

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote