View Single Post
Old
08-11-2012, 09:34 AM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 View Post
Whenever Calgary's awful drafting record is brought up Flame fans point to Backlund and say: "We have a stud right there" or "Backlund is a future #1 center", so yes he's a bust if 1st line center was the measuring stick. To be honest, Backlund falls right in line with Calgary's drafting record.

Ah yes, that magical word on HFBoards, "Potential". We're 5 years removed from his draft, at this point we need to stop using that word. Backlund is what he is.
There are a few Flames fans that thought he could be a #1 centerman but there aren't that many that did. Most believed he could be a #2 centerman meaning he is one pace so far. I think its a dangerous game to base your opinion of what people think by taking the most extreme opinions as a census. So you are telling me Lars Eller and Max Pac aren't going to get any better? Its been 5 years so I guess Eller will never be more than a #3 center?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesrule View Post
He openly talked about it in the TSN interview for the draft last year.
Its completely different their had been a trade offer and Feaster asked Regehr to waive and he said no, he never "leaked" anything.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote