Old
08-11-2012, 11:56 AM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bickel41 View Post
I agree but I feel bad about fans who have had partial plans for a long time only to get shifted to seats in the lower bowl or behind the goals. I worked with someone who had a 10 game plan for about 20 years and I know that if they phase him out which he expects he will never go back. That is the downside of this. The Mets did the same thing(phase out mini plans) when they first moved to Citifield and they alienated a lot of their fans.
That came back to haunt them big time, when the Mets began to suck after 2009. They lost me as a customer, for example, and I'm not going back because of the way I was treated during the Stadium changeover. And they wonder why attendance is down now

But I'm surprised to hear the high renewal rate, but I bet a lot of it has to do with the crazy resale values from last year -- profits from premium games were absolute insane. The problem is that the Rangers have now raised prices to match last years demand, and while people are willing to pay that now, when the team starts having bad years again (knock on wood), they will lose a ton of subscribers at their current prices. And no way will they lower prices by the same 20+% in one year.

I think they are setting themsevles up for disaster. And phasing out partial plan fans certainly doesn't help. Sometimes I wonder what kind of people they have making these business decesions