Old
08-11-2012, 01:49 PM
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
High on CM Lundqvist's wish list, if I am not mistaken is the Jets' Evander Kane; adding him w/Hagelin + Kreider + Nash would take our LW from worst to first.

Assume for purposes of discussion the Jets do NOT consider him, like Taylor Hall for Edmonton, the face of the franchise; assume he is valued as a prized asset, but one that could be extracted for overpayment.

Can reasonable overpayment be made? We have to expect to pay, and generously, for the privilege. For purposes of this hypothetical, assume this is the equivalent of a sign and trade, with Kane upped multi year avg 6m per, perhaps a little less first 2 years, a bit more final 2 years.

CM Lundqvist said it would be either McDonagh or Kreider to start, and add. That could be too much like coke for pepsi down the road, so I'd rather overpay even a little more with alternate compensation.

What I'm thinking is
Staal, Girardi, Stepan, and two F prospects, probably Jets choice
2 of Steven Fogarty, Marek Hrivik, Kyle Jean, Shane McDolgan, and Michael St. Croix
for
Evander Kane and Paul Postma, a tall righty D FA they recently signed.

That's 5 (only 3 roster + 2 prospects) for 2 roster players.

The new roster? who plays D?

Nash Richards Gaborik
Kreider JT Miller Callahan
Kane Rupp Pyatt
Hagelin Halpern Asham

with Haley an alternate
There are many alternate line combos, especially if Kreider is tested at C and that takes (not saying do that, but could be like a fish in water for him); or if say Hagelin can go off wing to RW.

In my scenario, Rupp stays for now w/Kane and Pyatt, big guys who, w/extra pressure on Kane, should be able to not only control but also score.

However, if Yogan really is ready now (or even later this year), Yogan, also a big guy with more scoring touch, could give options, possibly including moving Rupp for a D.

I am assuming Brian Boyle gets moved for a D.
The Hawks board was split 50-50 on a deal of Biron (replaced by Talbot) + Boyle for Dylan Olsen and a 4th round pick. There was majority consensus on Boyle + something (in lieu of Biron) for Olsen +. So while it will be more than 1 for 1 straight up, I believe we can get Olsen + for Boyle +.

I'm also optimistic we can get A Martinez from the Kings. Lombardi is not giving him to us on a platter of course, but he is surplus so for a reasonable profit in futures, especially draft picks, we can probably get him.

So the D is then (going lefty-righty)
McDonagh Stralman
MDZ Postma
Martinez/Olsen/McIlrath Eminger (short term stop gap)/trade
Bickel

Goalies remain Lundqvist, Biron

comments...
im sorry but thats horrendous, Staal is arguably one of our best d-men and eats a crap load of minutes. Secondly, moving Girardi would leave us with no RH dmen. Horrible deal for our defensemen

Ave Maria is offline   Reply With Quote