View Single Post
Old
08-11-2012, 04:01 PM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Gare Joyce was the ESPN draft Insider in 2011. He spoke to a scout about Miller after the 2011 U18 WJC.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/blog?...aft&id=6431723

2nd line players don't grow on trees.
I've loved that pick since it was made. He's basically a cant miss kid.

i) there is no reason to expect this kid to become anything less than a very solid player away from the puck. He skates well. He is not small. He is very stubborn and fights hard for the puck. He hits. He is also a smart center in terms of positioning. Good at getting the puck out of danger etc.

ii) the kid tries constantly offensively. Don't get me wrong, but many players tends to fall into patterns that aren't effective. They look almost overwhelmed by the hole thing, and never really breaks the pattern. Nigel Dawes can deek the pants of Chris Pronger, there is never anything wrong with trying at times at least. But JT Miller's head is there. He is creative with his passing. He will challenge players 1 on 1. He will try a whole range of plays. And so forth.

I doubt he will become our Parise (I got to replace that term...), but he will become a solid top 9 on his defense alone and the offensive creativity ontop of that is bonus.