View Single Post
Old
04-27-2006, 12:08 PM
MrKerr

vCash: 500
This was clearly a team effort. Dimitrakos played a hell of a game positionally, showed a lot of poise and skill finding open ice in the offensive zone. It frustrates me to see hardly any Fans recognize the contributions of Sami Kapanen. Night in, night out, Sami exemplifies sound and truly smart defensive hockey. With Primeau gone, there is no question that Kapanen is the true captain of this team. In the off chance that any of the Flyers actually read these boards, all Flyer fans should immediately start showing their appreciation and begin campaigning for Kapanen to return next year and not retire because of injuries. I also was impressed with Rathje last night and to some extent Gauthier. In Rathje's case, he made some nice adjustments to his game to compensate for his limited mobility. And Gauthier, while wildly inconsistent, gets props for his totally "old school" brand of Hockey. And of course, their is Brian Savage. While clearly not unsung, Savage was the game's first star. His goal completely changed the momentum of the game. His forechecking was fantastic and he set the bar with regards to finshing your checks. For all you fair-weather Flyer Fans calling for Savage's head, all I have to say is find the archives for these boards. You did the same thing for Primeau and Kapanen when they bought into Hitch's system and look how that turned out. If you want purely offensive hockey, take off your jerseys and follow the Rangers or the Penguins.

Nice to be back after a 2 year absence,

Game 4: Flyers 3, Sabres 2 Pitkanen game winner.

Cheers,

MrKerr is offline   Reply With Quote