View Single Post
Old
08-12-2012, 03:27 AM
Signature
Capitano Giordano

vCash: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novacain View Post
Because, to be clear, most of our fanbase agrees the only player on Calgary we'd be willing to trade Rattie for in a package or otherwise, is Giordano. We do not want to give up Rattie for Bouwmeester, or just about anyone else on your active roster. The need isn't there for us for anything outside of high level defensemen. We don't need wingers, and while we need a center, Backlund doesn't interest us. And the only prospect you have we'd trade him for is Sven, which is obviously a non starter.
See, the problem is, I don't think Rattie is that great. Baertschi has already flashed that he's very much the real deal in the big leagues. Baertschi may have essentially carried Rattie in juniors. I see Rattie as a decent 50-point option at the plateau of his career - with good health, he'll hit 60 points once or twice and the rest of the time, it's the 40-50 range for him. Or he could fall faster and flatter than Wile E. Coyote after a failed attempt at Roadrunner.

I'm sure Feaster has already looked into Rattie as a possible trade piece, but also sure that it's more of a sideline thought as opposed to the real bids he'd be receiving right now.

Signature is offline   Reply With Quote