Thread: Value of: Ty Rattie to the Flames
View Single Post
Old
08-12-2012, 03:01 AM
Novacain

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autograph View Post
The costs sure weren't, which was the point.
They weren't being paid like 5m+, which is what a lot of great UFAs are paid, great players are paid.
My point was that the Blues are always looking for an even-capital trade, and that creates holes in the roster faster than filling them. The moment a big name player is made available who makes over 5 million in cap, the Blues already count themselves out of the running because dealing in roster players means they lose depth, and dealing prospects/picks mean they spend money that they can't realistically spend, which is why UFA is so dodgy as well.

If you're not able to pay attention, I'm not going to respond to you.

AS for your second point... Rattie needs to play in the NHL before you should proclaim that he's better on anyone's roster, let alone Calgary's. If he's better than Giordano, for instance, then why would a Cole + Rattie deal even be talked about from either side?
Obviously I meant your prospects, but unlike you I'm not going to toss in a "You should pay attention more" comment. You know, other then that one.

And, once again, we are CURRENTLY in the Bouwmeester running according to a lot of people, or at least we were earlier this off-season (Hell, the entire subject was brought up due to the Blues). We were in the running for Carle before the price went full retard, even though most Blues fans didn't want him. We were expected to be players for Garrison, but he gave a discount for Vancouver. We have also been connected to Keith Yandle, though the asking price in terms of parts in return would be hard to match simply due to the level of pieces in play.

The funny thing is, the more I read your posts, the more misinformed I think you are, yet you are the one coming in acting like you know a bunch of stuff. Go figure.

Novacain is offline   Reply With Quote