Thread: Proposal: Trade Proposals: July-August
View Single Post
Old
08-12-2012, 12:11 PM
CM PUNK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
The objective is to win. This will allow the offense to dominate, so it will be easier on the D --- not easy, but easier. We will get more in offense and scores than what we give up on defense.

That said, I would NOT, in a vacuum, swap out the replacement D for our existing D. But adding a talent on the order of Kreider/McDonagh is a game changer, and it is easier --- not easy, but EASIER --- to pick another 1a/b D than a talent on that order.

The addition of McIlrath/Martinez/Olsen/trade should not be discounted as to helping our middle and bottom and D depth.

And, just saying as to value, you could move McIlrath + Olsen for a #1, if we really had to go that way.

The defense was huge, but we can't unreasonably expect it will carry our offense. We need, like the Canadians of old, like the Rangers of the 70s who would have had 2 cups except for Bobby Orr, who singlehandedly killed us.

I appreciate your appreciation of the status quo.
I ask you consider my vote for accelerated development and improved balance to have a dominate offense and a good and good overall and improving defense over what is currently a great defense and an improving but recently horrendously subpar offense [as recent as last season, for which Nash is the only real addition].

How about this acid test?
Our team takes on the Pens, w/Sid + Malkin having great years. The current Ranger team is 50-50, imo.
The team I suggest should score more readily, perhaps 2G per game as to a normal status, unless Fleury plays unconscious, while with McDonagh still able to shadow and mostly reduce Malkin, we would not give up more than we would score.

Consider that.
ok now i know you are just trolling...simply adding kane to the 3rd line playing with mike rupp who isn't even a center is going to increase our offense by 2 goals/game. please just stop

CM PUNK is offline   Reply With Quote