View Single Post
Old
08-12-2012, 02:26 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 1318
I agree that Jbo isn't the answer for the Flyers. As a Flames fan, I'd love for nothing more than to see us move Jbo for a premium, but as the Flyers are my #2 team I don't think it would be worth it to pay what the asking price is (ie. Couts/Schenn). However, with having guys like G, Voracek and Briere who can skate like the wind, I think he would actually fit in quite nicely, your transition would be among the tops in the NHL. But I don't think his personality would mesh well with the fans, his quiet demeanor would make him an enemy if he didn't perform to standards.

A trade with the Sabres makes some sense, I'd target Regehr but I doubt he's available short of another massive over payment. Leopold would be a solid addition.

I really think Holmgren should just sign Hannan. I obviously watched him lots last year and he's the ideal bandaid. He's very reliable in his own end and makes very little mistakes, you barely notice him out there. The only knock on him is his foot speed, but he does a more than adequate job with sound positional play. I can almost guarantee he would either sign a 1yr/2 mil or a 2yr/1.5 mil type of deal. I think Hannan would be a solid addition to the Flyers, he's an excellent bargain for his services and would cost no assets to obtain.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote