View Single Post
Old
08-12-2012, 02:48 PM
KirbyDots

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
Saying we have players like Andersson then making a Nieto-Kreider comparison implies that we have players like him or better in the system. Yet I don't see it.

You're being overly critical on Detroit's farm system (bust, nothing special). I can also say Wingels is a borderline AHLer that had a 3 goal stint in the big leauges.
On the Kreider Nieto comparison. Kreider was BC's top player and played on the top line with the most minutes, Nieto played mostly on the 2nd line. He was also in his junior year while Nieto was in his sophomore and scored pretty comparably. Having watched both kids play I'd say they are both dominant players with pretty similar upsides. If Nieto continues to develop at his current pace he has the potential to surpass Kreider, but Kreider has more size though which should allow him to make a quicker transition to the NHL game. In short Nieto is our Kreider, its debatable who has more talent/skill but Nieto needs time to put on more muscle if his gritty game is going to transition to the bigs. I expect the org to take the Couture development path with Nieto, give him a year in the AHL to get him some more muscle.