Thread: Value of: Mike Komisarek
View Single Post
Old
08-12-2012, 04:25 PM
seanlinden

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
What's ludicrous is suggesting he may be worth the $4.5mill cap-hit. The guy flat out sucks, I don't understand why you feel the need to defend him. Playing under Carlyle's system may be more to his liking but he'll still handle the pick like a grenade (that's not an exaggeration for those who don't watch him), he'll still get caught standing around on the PK, he'll still take unnecessary penalties (after the whistle no less), and may even provide some humour/frustration if he manages to score on his own team. Just an absolute detriment to icing a competitive roster.
I'm not suggesting he is at this point -- simply that he's capable of earning it. He's been in one of the worst situations for his skillset since coming to Toronto, and that's probably going to change with a new coach and bigger group of forwards.

You don't need to handle the puck to earn $4.5m in this league.... that's not physical dmen earn their keep... and on a team that will have one Gardiner/Liles paired with him, it really doesn't matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
UFA contracts aren't generally overpayed?

On a side note,

Team's shouldn't be looking to shore up depth with UFAs (imo). 9/10 UFAs are overpayed so I'd rather have an overpayed star than an overpayed depth player.
No. They're open market fair value. They're only considered overpaid in relation to players who sign as RFAs or give discounts to be in a certain place, reflective of course of the fact that it requires assets to get underpaid players.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote