View Single Post
Old
08-12-2012, 09:25 PM
Holdurbreathe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
relax dude.

Everyone knows during a negotiation you demand more than you expect so you can "give" a little.

When it comes down to it, it is a business. These billionaires are billionaires for a reason. They are here to make money. If the players are that upset about it they can go to Russia.

Hate on Bettman and the owners all you want, but the NHL is growing.

Not a single team made the list of top 50 sports franchises in the world. I would like to see someone on that list before I die.
Relaxed as can be, just providing information for those that are interested.

I don't believe I expressed any hate for Bettman or the owners, just an opinion on what I see as the underlying reason for the labour issues the NHL has had.

As far as an NHL team being in the top 50 richest franchises, you aren't going to live long enough to see that day, regardless of how long you live.

BTW the NHL isn't growing in a sustainable way, no league can survive when over half of the teams are losing money... unless of course the franchises have a meaningful revenue sharing arrangement like the NFL.

Since you are such a fan of the top 50 franchises, you will know many of the 50 places are held by teams in that league.

Last edited by Holdurbreathe: 08-12-2012 at 09:31 PM.