View Single Post
Old
08-13-2012, 12:44 AM
aqib

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuelphStormer View Post
and yet they are the single most successful professional sports team in the history of this country and one of the most profitable in the entire world. funny that, eh?

ps, sold out games nite after nite, year after year have a lot more to do with the mythical, emotional, almost religious attachment that generations of fans have with the team than with the ease with which rich torontonians throw their entertainment (and/or schmoozing) dollars around.

its easy to say the leafs suck, and yes, performance on the ice isn't enviable, but it's overall a really silly to say. EVERY professional sports franchise in the world would kill to "suck" like the leafs.
When I say they suck I mean that in the nicest possible way

In football I am a diehard Browns fan, even wound up living in Cleveland for a stretch as a result. The Browns are like the Leafs of football. They play in a market where people eat, sleep, drink, and breathe their sport. They have the Hall of Fame. The region has produced many of the greats of they game. They sell out every game. They last won a title in the 60s. Its one reason I am not a Leafs fan. The heart can only take so much futility.

aqib is offline   Reply With Quote