Thread: Braydon Coburn
View Single Post
Old
08-13-2012, 12:07 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

vCash: 500
i've always been a huge coburn fan, even at times when i probably shouldn't have been. but it's been nice to see him become MUCH more consistent over the past 2 seasons. i don't know that he has the offensive skill to be a true #1 defenseman, but i do feel like he has a lot of untapped offensive ability that i think he can hone in on. he needs to work on his accuracy, and he needs to shoot the puck more. he has a heavy slap shot that we don't see too often, and when we do, it's usually high and wide... but man, when he connects with one and puts it where he wants it, it's lethal. id like to see him become more offensively consistent in the offensive zone. He certainly is a VERY under rated passer, and he's perhaps one of the best skating defenseman in the league, especially for his size. he can flat out fly, and makes it look effortless in the process.
at times Coby is guilty of being too timid, and sometimes kind of unsure about his decision making. you could NEVER accuse coburn of being lazy, he gives you 110% every game, but i do think he could benefit greatly from engaging his legendary "beast mode" more often. i think as he gets older and enters his prime here, we'll see him becoming more consistent and confident in his decision making. i believe we've only begun to see his prime.

but i agree, i think coby is an extremely underrated player, and i sometimes feel that he's under appreciated by flyers fans a lot.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote