View Single Post
Old
08-13-2012, 01:14 AM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Below View Post
I'm a big fan of his skill package, I think this is the year we see him take a big leap in development as he becomes a go to player in Bingo and plays at a 60 point pace. He is a big hockey player at 6'3 and 200lbs... I'd like to see him around 210 when he enters camp

Along with his size he can cycle the puck well as he is good along the boards... he has above average play making skills... he has the ability to develop into a very good defensive player too... skates well.

After a breakout season in Bingo, he is going to be pushing for the 3C spot on the Sens come 13/14
I have thought this & said it on here many times that I thought Grant would some day be Ottawa's third line centre. I have also said how much I like Dzuirzynski & he too could have a breakout yr. Another guy with a nice combination of skill & size is Culek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Below View Post
When Grant signed Tim Murray said he liked him as a winger more then a center... I would imagine if the depth is heavy up the middle they would give Grant an opportunity on winger on a higher line.
Grant played RW in Bingo last yr & could again this yr. There are also countless possibilities happening this yr in Bingo. First, if there is a lockout Bingo could get three or four or five players expected to play in Ottawa next season, that could hurt Grant`s development. Second, he will have some hefty competition at RW or centre from Petersson, Stone, Zibanejad, Jessiman, Da Costa, Cannoe, DD, Hamilton & Caporusso. Third, a few guys might not play in Bingo next yr, Prince & Pageau could be returned to junior, Petersson could return to Sweden to play & Caporruso, Downing & Hamilton could start the yr in Elmira. These could help Grant`s chances next season.

Personally, I hope that Coach Richardson makes a few changes to personnel in Bingo for next season. I would like to see the following forward lineup:

Hoffman - Da Costa - Zibanejad
Schneider - Cannone - Stone
Culek - Grant - Dzuirzynski
Cowick - Kramer - Jessiman/Hamilton

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote