View Single Post
Old
08-13-2012, 01:23 AM
WhiskeySeven
Bustchenyuk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
I can't believe it. Someone else actually recognizes that we're not a better team?!
There's lots of factors involved however.

I think of the coach as a multiplier - the right coach will take the innate talent of a team and multiply it by some factor dependent on the coach-squad fit, motivation/drive, injuries, GM influence, acts of god, etc. We had the wrong coach(es) last year, the wrong injuries at the wrong times and little to no motivation. It turned out that Goat was a bad motivator/influence and that was bad too. Everything was not-good: it makes the squad look not-good.

Players like Armstrong and Prust will make a difference, and that difference is highly dependent on how Therrien uses them. I'm not in the prediction game because we have so many known unknowns (and imagine how many unknown unknowns we could have! - like upcoming injuries, scoring droughts, etc) but the new players we've got could start a snowball effect leading to a generally more driven team, a more success-oriented team and so on. Solely due to their playing style of being aggressive and strong - the opposite of the JM philosohpy.

It's anxious times and I just want PK signed and Doan to gtfo so we can get on with it.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote