View Single Post
Old
08-13-2012, 07:10 AM
Estimated_Prophet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great One View Post
First of all, how can you say Pacioretty has shown a better development than Taylor Hall when both players have pretty similar numbers, with Hall having a better ppg average after playing nearly one full season less than Pacioretty? The only reason Hall may not be as developed as much as Pacioretty at the moment is because Hall is 3 years younger. Secondly, how can Hall, or anyone for that matter, develop a talent of getting injured? For someone who's so struck on Max Pacioretty, you'd think you'd be more understanding that freak injuries happen in this league. Most of Hall's problems has been his shoulder over the past few years. If you followed what was going on with him you'd know that he just had this shoulder surgery repaired which means he shouldn't be having these injuries as frequently as he had in the past or at all for that matter. I'm not saying Hall will be a superstar in this league but I'm willing to bet that by the time he gets as many games under his belt as Pacioretty there'll be no doubt in anyone's mind that Hall will be more of a star of the two.

Just to make matters clear, I'm not trying to say either player is a star at the moment. IMO, and sticking with the topic, Price is the closest thing to a star the Habs have right now. On occasion Price has shown he can truly dominate a game and has proven he got all the talent in the world to become a star in the NHL. If he can show these skills on a more consistent basis there's little doubt in my mind that he can actually become a superstar in this league. Right now players like Subban, Pacioretty and Hall with the Oilers, although have shown tremendous talent so far in their young careers, still have a little ways to come before they become true bona fide stars. They are the potential future stars in the league who still have a lot to prove.
You sir........are absolutely correct!

If Hall was a Canadien and Pacioretty was an Oiler we wouldn't be having this conversation on this board. Hall would be touted as a bonafied superstar in the making and Pacioretty would be a very good young player who is on the cusp of being an all-star calibre forward.

Estimated_Prophet is online now   Reply With Quote