View Single Post
Old
08-13-2012, 08:58 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhay1987 View Post
OP is at least in the ball park. Doubt GMJN let's Vancouver scheist a top prospect though. I think Hansen's a very good 3rd liner but at some point if Vancouver is going to actually win a Cup they need more overall grit in their game. Morrow isn't 2010 Olympics self anymore, but he is still a captain that would give a contending team all he's got when the going gets tough. He's exactly what the Canucks should be looking for.

Tanev has great potential as a shut down D but it's hard to see it happening in Vancouver where the too four is set in stone for several more years. He will be of greater use to someone other than Vancouver IMO.

I think from Vancouver's end, Raymond can replace a lot of what Hansen brings. Morrow brings qualities you just can't get out of young players.

Hansen and Tanev for Morrow and a B defense prospect or another bottom sizer?
If that's what were doing, it would need to be Raymond and Tanev. Hansen is too valuable, I wouldn't move him alone for Morrow. The guy is all hustle, plays for ~1mil per year, and can score ~40 pts playing 3rd line minutes. We really have no reason to move the guy.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote