View Single Post
Old
08-13-2012, 09:22 AM
ABasin
Viva "Our Structure"

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Landaskog View Post
I was speculating on what the lines should look like next year, it's a bit tricky with having 5 RW and 3 LW, plus figuring out who should play with each of our centers. Here is what I settled on.

Landeskog - Duchene - PAP
Jones - Stastny - Hejduk
McGinn - O'Reilly - Downie
Mcleod - Mitchell - Kobasew

this lineup gives Duchene the opportunity to take over on offense for us and rebound, while taking it to the next level.

Despite McGinn playing great with Stastny, it makes most sense to move Jones to the Left wing and give Hejduk a chance to rebound playing with Stastny, who has shown to have solid chemestry with Hejduk. This allowed McGinn to slide in next to O'Reilly and Downie, effectively keeping that line similar to what it was with Landeskog. McGinn would still get plenty of opportunities to shoot the puck playing on that line.

thoughts?
I'm not sure that it matters all that much, but I'd like to see the Avs put their three/four go-to-the-net physical wings on 3 separate lines, and make sure they don't ice a Parenteau-Duchene-Hejduk line, as that would get pushed all over the ice.

I also don't believe that we should read all that much into a couple of months' worth of chemistry between McGinn-Stastny or Downie-O'R, etc. See how it plays out in camp and early in the season and go from there.

-AB

ABasin is offline   Reply With Quote