View Single Post
Old
08-13-2012, 09:50 AM
DegenX
#FireMorehouse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
Neal will be a great winger with either of Sid/Geno. But giving Sid Kunitz and Geno Neal makes the most sense. Find a gritty LW for Geno and a sniper for Sid.
I agree it makes the most sense ... but where are those wingers going to come from? Tangradi is a big question mark at this point, so is Jeffrey and everyone pretty much agrees TK isn't a top six guy. We have, what, two viable options in the pipeline but it's pretty unlikely they make the team out of camp. That leaves trading for someone. And all those someones will probably have a pretty hefty price tag.

I just think Kunitz and Neal will be on Sid's line to start the season. There was some mixing and matching when Sid came back, and in the end Malkin's line stayed the same. But I think the mentality will be to try both with Sid and give them time to develop chemistry. Remember when Sid came back how awful the PP was with both him and Malkin on the top unit? And everyone here was clamoring for Disco to split them into their own units? And he did for a couple of games, and the PP was producing again ... then he went right back to having them both on the top unit, and it became a crap shoot as to whether we'd score or the other team would pot a shortie. That's one of the reasons why I think Kunitz and Neal will be on Sid's line and Malkin will get whoever is left. I'm not saying this with bitterness, or trying to be negative, but Sid is the Captain, the face of the franchise, and he will always have priority over Malkin.

Like I said, I hope I'm wrong. But then again, it may work. Maybe playing with Malkin will elevate whatever game his wingers bring. Maybe Neal will play even better with Sid. Again, I really hope Neal is with Malkin, but I just can't see Disco not putting him and Kunitz with Sid for at least the first month or two of the season.

DegenX is offline   Reply With Quote