Thread: Proposal: Buffalo - Winnipeg
View Single Post
Old
08-13-2012, 12:37 PM
  #52
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 33,355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
Kind of agree with you. value is only close if you assume the likelyhood of potential is different, which in this case I do.

I think Cormier is considerably more likely(lets say 70% chance to make it, 30% chance to bust) to become a good-to-better bottom 6 defensive specialist. He is also safe, as in even if he doesn't become a fantast defensive forward, he is almost a guarantee to be able to play a bottom six checking/energy role.

It seems Luke Adam is seen as less likely to fill his role as an average top 6 winger (should we say 50% chance?). He is also not a "safe" prospect as, going off sentiment in this thread, if he's unable to make it as a top 6 winger, he will not be able to fill a lesser need at all.

If you operate on the assumption of those two things
, then I think the values there.

If you operate on ceiling alone, then no, the jets would add. That being said, IMO you'd be foolish to only deal with ceiling.
I disagree with the assumption

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote