View Single Post
Old
08-13-2012, 01:20 PM
Snotbubbles

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan04 View Post
It is totally fair to not want to part with certain players to acquire other players. However, Im not sure I understand why some Flyers fans feel they don't have the depth to trade Couts for JBow. I think most people would agree that with a few pieces added on either side, the value if not that far off, and Philly does need help on D.

At center, Philly is stacked with Briere, Giroux, Schenn, Couts, Talbot, Rinaldo and prospects like Laughton & cousins. Something is going to have to give to give all of them the playing time they need/want to develop properly. The top 6 wingers all seem to be solid as well, but the bottom 6 could be improved.

It seems to me like a trade involving JBow and a winger from Calgary maybe stempniak or Tim Jackman (who would fit Philly nicely), for someone like Couts would make a lot of sense. Strengthen the wing in the top 9 and add a 1/2D and it would cost depth at center, where there is a logjam of depth developing. Of course, other pieces may be needed to get the value right.

Granted I am a Flames fan and would love to see Couts in Calgary, but that is how I see it.
Ok, so then a package around Laughton and/or Cousins for JBo?

Seriously though, why trade a player like Couturier in 2012 when there MIGHT BE a "too many players, not enough ice time" problem in 2014 (and that would only be a 1 year thing since that's Briere's last year under contract). If Couturier develops like everyone in Philly thinks he can then he becomes 10x more valuable as a trade asset at that point.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote