View Single Post
Old
08-13-2012, 01:54 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
He's just pointing out things that are true. Carl Lewis, who people are bringing up as the counterpoint to Bolt's comment has had a positive test. Just because you aren't testing positive doesn't mean you aren't using and that's what he was saying.

Heck Nick Diaz (MMA fighter) openly smokes marijuana and has only tested positive twice after fights. He's just smart enough to know when they test and how long it takes to get it out of his system. He's still a damn good fighter and an absolute freak when it comes to cardio.

Question for you. Does the fact that Lance Armstrong only tested positive very late in his career (2009) really negate what he did throughout his career, especially when he was testing negative and won the Tour 7 times in a row?

Doping in sports like this are almost more the norm rather than exception, that's pretty much a well accepted thing. I mean it's a very, very fine line... You can increase the RBC count in you body numerous different ways, sleep in a hyperbaric chamber, train at high altitudes (like the Olympic Training Center in Colorado,) or use injections. Only one of these things is illegal... A very fine line.
To my knowledge Lance Armstrong never tested positive for anything.....

he had trace amounts of Corticosteroid in his system (not in the positive range) in 1999 which was attributed to a cream he used for saddle sores he had.

So I don't know what you are referring to when you say he tested positive late in his career in 2009. Fill me in?

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote