View Single Post
Old
08-13-2012, 02:30 PM
Foppa

vCash: 500
I dunno where Arsenal will finish this year and I dunno what will become of van Persie, Song and Walcott but I do know one thing after seeing the match versus Koln: Cazorla is a stunning player. His control with the ball at his feet while under pressure, his spraying of passes all over the field, his gorgeous corner kicks. I mean I know Spain produce these guys like a factory but watching him play with the Arsenal shirt on almost brought tears to me eyes. And yes, getting kicked around by Sunderland and Stoke is a lot different than beating up on Koln in a meaningless pre-season friendly but the guy will be a huge difference maker for Arsenal. Cannot wait till Wilshere gets fit and back in game shape because the thought of those two controlling the ball in the midfield is mouth-watering.

As for my predictions...I actually think Liverpool will be the surprise package and at the very least grab 5th spot ahead of the likes of Tottenham and Newcastle if not compete for a CL spot. For once I think they made patient, wise moves in the summer that weren't about signing big names or over-priced, in-form players who suddenly lose it. Rogers is a positive influence and in Borini and Allen he's purchased two young guys with lots of promise who can step into his lineup seamlessly. Add in Sterling and some other youngsters and I think they are actually rebuilding the right way now and I think the infusion of youth and optimism will carry them past a few teams who appear deeper and stronger on paper, at least for this season.

Foppa is online now   Reply With Quote