Thread: Prospect Info: Detroit Red Wings Prospect #9
View Single Post
Old
08-13-2012, 04:42 PM
ChadS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
In terms of the NHL how many guys get leadership roles as bottom pairing D-man? Matt Greene is the only one coming to mind. Because Lashoff is very unlikely to ever eclipse that role in my opinion. He has strong character but that is why I pointed to Yonkman as a comparison. He might become more desirable to lead your AHL team and serve as an injury replacement type. I think his leadership might hurt him longrun in how organizations look at him. He won't likely impact a NHL dressing room, but could have a large impact on your AHL room. That is if he doesn't keep improving, I really hope now that he is fully healthy he has a better year in the AHL.
The only reason I mentioned that was because I also pointed out Nicastro is a righty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Nicastro could pass Lashoff in a very similar way to how Nyquist leapfrogged Tatar. They will be in the same place if Nicastro proves more efficient he will jump him really quickly. Lashoff right now is more ready because we have seen him in the pros, if Nicastro start to look on the same level as a pro rookie or better he vaults him insantly in my book.
This is exactly what I meant; he might or might not pass Lashoff very quickly. It's quite a difficult choice.

ChadS is offline   Reply With Quote