Thread: Value of: Ty Rattie to the Flames
View Single Post
Old
08-13-2012, 06:53 PM
Prussian_Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
Reinhart, Gaudreau, Nemisz, Arnold, Ramage, Granlund, Jankowski, Ortio, Irving, Seiloff... solid players with good chances at NHL futures.
Yeah, as a Blues fan, I'm embarrassed by the kiddies who have been coming into the thread and posting about how lousy Calgary's prospect pool is. The Flames have got a decent stable of prospects at every position. The highlighted ones especially, and of course Sven Bärtschi and TJ Brodie, I would take for the Blues' prospect pool in a heartbeat.

Gaudreau has big-league skills, but he's just so dang small...

Glencross is a solid player, and would be a welcome addition to the Blues' third line, and to the second line of most other teams.

That said, I'm not impressed by Bouwmeester, and would not want to pay what the Flames' fanbase thinks he's worth. Would much rather try to swing a deal for Giordano, but that seems to be a non-starter with the Flames' fans, which is understandable.

I'd like to see if there's a deal that could be made for St. Louis home boy Chris Butler and Mikael Backlund. I don't want to say that Rattie is off the table in such a deal, but I'd be very hesitant to give him up...

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote