Thread: Value of: Ty Rattie to the Flames
View Single Post
Old
08-13-2012, 08:36 PM
RA9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlblues9 View Post
Yes, Edmonton last year was terrible, but they have the players that are going to make them a very good team soon.

Anaheims quality players are much younger than Calgarys. If Calgary is missing the playoffs the past couple of years with the roster they have, then they have nowhere to go but down in the future.

I never said Iginla was washed up, in fact, I included him in the list of quality players for obvious reasons. Same reason I included Morrow who is also getting older.

Montreal and Dallas were 2 teams that I had a hard time saying were better than Calgary. So okay, I'll give you Columbus and say Montreal and Dallas are comparable.

I'm assuming this is NYI, and because winners always find a way to win. Tavares is a winner. So what if they finished 11 points behind Calgary last yer, When Calgarys main player is mid 30's and NYI's main player is early 20's, Calgary should be ahead of them in the standings for the time being.

Maybe they weren't so much better last year but I'm not talking about last year. I'm talking about next year and future years when Iginla, Kipprusoff. Cammallerri, etc, are past their primes and it's at this point (maybe a couple years) where Torontos younger star players like Kessel, Gardiner, Reimer, Kadri will put them past Calgary in the standings. Calgary doesn't have a Kessel type player coming up, they don't have a Gardiner, and they don't have a Reimer.

Yes, this is what I mean and again, I'm not talking about last year, I'm talking about next year and forward, Kane will be passing Iginla soon.
They are in better shape because they have the purest goal scorer in the NHL and he's what, 22? What does Calgary have to compare to that? Him alone makes them in better shape going forward. They have Hedman who could potentially be in the running for a couple of norris'. Their offense is better and their defense is better.[/QUOTE]

Dude..all of your points have been diminished, just stop. You're making a fool of yourself right now.

RA9 is offline   Reply With Quote