View Single Post
Old
08-13-2012, 09:09 PM
TheNeutrality
Living out a lie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGYPUKSUX View Post
Rattie reminds me of a junior version of Ryan Smyth. He's not a great skater, managing to get where he needs to be against average junior players, but struggling a bit when the tempo picks up and against better players. Rattie also has pretty ordinary puck skills. He's not someone who carries the puck and beats opponents with regularity. He does make some impressive passes, but not with the regularity to make him a setup man. I don't think his shot is up to the NHL level either. Rattie's not a guy that overpowers goaltenders or picks corners. He's not like Luke Robitaille who got by on his release and ability to beat a goaltender with his shot off the rush and pick corners. He really does remind me of Ryan Smyth, which isn't a bad thing, but he needs to bulk up and continue to find ways to get in the gaps around the net. He's really a play that is going to rely on his line mates to make a NHL career. Again, just my opinion based on what I've seen and the number of players I've seen during my day.
He actually has a great, accurate wristshot.

I think you are overall a little harsh on him. He has a great wristshot and a tremendous scoring instinct. He knows exactly, where he has to be to score. His puck skills, speed, skating and strength are all fine, but not great.
He reminds me a bit of a less physical Niederreiter with better skating. He won't create chances by himself, but he's a deadly weapon when combined with a great playmaker, as we saw last season when he played with Baertschi.

Overall, I'd say he is Top 6 material if he pans out. The big question mark will be the efficiency of his positioning at NHL level. It needs to be good enoguh, since it's the point where he relies on.

TheNeutrality is online now   Reply With Quote