View Single Post
Old
08-13-2012, 10:59 PM
Miller4Gold

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foober40 View Post
All players will be required to attend the Stars camp and they have first right on signing a player . I understand however that there are some issues regarding this ruling so I guess we'll have to wait and see where everybody ends up .
There would be some issues with that ruling, a lot of them.

As a hockey dad, you cannot dictate my son plays at a certain level. If I want my son to play with a travel team, then he should have that option. To take that option away from him, is one of the most selfish things I've seen in a while, and I've had two sons go through AAA in Ontario.

Honestly, open it up, don't let politics get in the way of development. We keep hearing from parents/coaches from up north that Kids don't get enough exposure. So Sudbury and the Soo set up a program to get those kids exposure, and you deny them that? One, that may be illegal, and two, the GNML is being hypocritical. How can I read about players 'not getting exposure', yet see politics and back room deals get in the way of that exposure that they complain they don't get?

Its sad when adults take opportunity away from 15 year old kids for self gain, its even sadder that those same adults then cry that their kids don't get enough exposure. Its one or its the other. The GNML has lost a lot of my respect, if that is what they are going to do.