View Single Post
Old
08-14-2012, 12:55 AM
Queensdevil

vCash: 500
That was an insanely long post and I don't have the energy to respond to everything so here are my main points.

I have no problem with any of what you said, however it's hard to argue someone waking up early on Saturdays to watch games on tv is as big a fan as someone who goes to every game and travels to away games supporting their local team but whatever.

I do remember the quality of mls years ago I've been attending games since the start. Yes it was bad, yes not all of the games were entertaining but why do you think it's grown so much and so quickly? Because of the people who supported the league because it's ours. Sitting through the crap on a plastic field in an empty giants stadium is what paved the way for what you see today and that's the only way it will continue to grow. This is why I respond the way I do to anyone telling me it's not worth watching because it's not a top tier league. Or when somebody tells me they are a bigger fan of some team overseas just because they set their alarm clock on Saturday mornings.