View Single Post
Old
08-14-2012, 01:58 AM
Sportsfan1

vCash: 500
People definitely need to give Scandella time, kids got all the physical tools he just needs to learn the position on the NHL level and that takes time, I think he's definitely top 4 material and if he figures it out this year, and if he does that takes are definitely average defense to potentially very good. Right now it's Suter and Gilbert as solid top 4's, and depending on the development of Scandella and Brodin will determine how fast our defense becomes very good.

Spurgeon is solid but he's better suited in a 5 dman role paired with a guy like Stoner, I like Stoner a lot but the guy just needs to stay healthy this year, he does that and that's a very solid pairing in two-three years, then later on with a top 4 of Suter-Gilbert, Brodin-Dumba, Scandella that could be a VERY good defense.

So it's not underrated, right now it is what it is, pretty average, but with a lot of room and ability to grow and that's the best thing. Depending on how fast the defense grows I think will determine whether or not the Wild make the playoffs this year.

Sportsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote