Originally Posted by Oilers10 View Post
To EDM:
Boone Jenner
James Wisniewski

To CBJ:
Teemu Hartikainan
Tyler Pitlick
1st Round pick

Edmonton doesn't need anymore 1st rounders , there gonna run out space to sign them all. All there young forwards are flashy offensive players , without many power forwards. Boone Jenner would fit this role. They also need at least 1 more OFD , and wisniewski might need a change of scenery.
Columbus is obviously in a rebuild , and first round picks and prospects is what they'd need. Thoughts ?
I wouldn't even want to make this deal if you took the first rounder out.

Wiz is an overplayed 1-way d-man IMO and Edmonton doesn't need to take on all of this salary, because really, who's job is he going to take? I'd much rather have Petry playing PMD on the first pairing. He's grown a lot over the past few seasons and his chemistry with Smid was amazing last year. Pretty sure Justin Schultz has been promised second pairing minutes and that'll have him paired with either Sutton or Scultz, who'll be playing the stay at home roll. I can't see Wiz flourishing under that roll. He could probably outplay Whitney, but why on earth would we cough up so much and absorb so much cap space for a guy we peg to play on our third line?

I'm huge fans of Pitlick and Hartikainen. They're our only punishing/gritty forwards who're expect to fit nicely into a top 9 roll on our team. Hartikainen plays both wings and Pitlick plays wing and center. Keeping them gives us way too many options down the road to consider making this move.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote