Thread: Proposal: Mancrush proposal: NYI and PHX
View Single Post
Old
08-14-2012, 09:16 AM
startainfection*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
Overpayment is the only way you could get a player like OEL. They have no reason to trade him for fair value. As far as robbing Peter, I just don't see it unless you think Strome is going to be our 2nd line center this year.

The only player it removes from the current lineup is Grabner, who as I said before is relatively easily replaced considering he is most likely destined for the 3rd line this year. Nelson and possibly even Cizikas could replace Strome as our 2nd line center of the future, which IMO isn't too unreasonable considering how highly regarded Nelson is and how hard working of a player Cizikas is.

OEL vs Reinhart is no contest, even if GR hits his potential. Tell me how we are sacrificing anything if we end up with a lineup like this in a year or two:

Moulson - Tavares - Okposo
Bailey - Nelson - Niederreiter
Martin - Nielsen - Ullstrom
Lee - Cizikas - UFA

OEL - Hamonic
Donovan - MacDonald
deHaan - Mayfield

Poulin
Nilsson

This is assuming we don't re-sign Streit, and assuming Boyes doesn't bounce back while playing with Tavares. IMO both of those things can happen. Either way, mix and match wherever you want, the point is we are still set for the future. Not to mention immediately better in the present. Don't see how the Isles do not make this trade if it were actually a possibility.
over payment is the only way a team could get 2 players drafted in the top 5 along with a calder nominee

startainfection* is offline   Reply With Quote