Thread: Jody Shelley
View Single Post
Old
08-14-2012, 10:11 AM
ninetynine*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
I like Shelley as a person and he has a good presence in the locker room and in practice. But as a hockey player, he knows what he has to do out there, but the game is faster than he is. If anything he will make a great coaching or sounding board for the younger players on work ethic. As for a fighter he had ONLY 6 fights out of our 57 on the year..... fighting hasn't been down (total number leauge) this much since 2005-2007..... as many have said it's a dying breed, the enforcer. I think (know) teams would rather have big skilled guy, who can skate and put one in from time to time AND drop the gloves when needed. Playing a total of 30 games and having 1 assist, just doesn't cut it anymore....

He is hardly relevant.... as RUPP said.
Of course teams would rather have a bigger skilled tough guy, but for the most part they're a myth, regardless of what most on this site seem to believe. A player good enough to make it on skill alone won't be fighting much, and they certainly don't grow on trees. Enforcers dying out? Been hearing that one for years, I'll believe it when I see it. If Shelley's irrelevant Rupp was very close this year...

ninetynine* is offline   Reply With Quote