View Single Post
Old
08-14-2012, 11:15 AM
Leafsfan381

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoLu7ioN View Post
I'm not a Toronto fan, so no bias here. Just thought up a way to make TO a much better team next year without losing a ton of youth.

Trade 1:
Toronto 2013 first rounder + Reimer for Jay Boumeester + Calgary midgrade prospect. Make this deal first before other improvements, Calgary accepts as the pick could be lottery and they need a younger goalie.

Trade 2:
Jake Gardiner + Toronto 2013 2nd rounder + Calgary mid-grade prospect for Bobby Ryan. Gardiner's a stud, but with Boumeester incoming and Reilly in the wings he's expendable, and Ryan is a beast and still young.

Trade 3:
Lupul + Biggs for Luongo. Vancouver is in win now mode, this provides them with a playmaking winger to play with Kes and booth, and a nice prospect too.

Top 6
Kessel - JVR - Ryan
Kadri - Grabovski - Kulemin

Top 4 D
Bouwmeester - Phaneuf
Reilly - Komisarek

Goal
Luongo
Scrivens
Ok.

Um...you don't do that first trade first because what if that 3rd trade doesn't happen, the Leafs only have Scrivens and Rynnas who have never played a full season. Even at that, the Leafs wouldn't do that trade. I don't see why you take on 6.5 mil. dollars in contract when your giving up a first-round pick and as of the moment, your #1 goalie.

The second trade I don't even want to comment on, I do agree that Ryan is a beast but really you don't want a top 4 D involving Komisarek and a recently drafted rookie Reilly. So that trade would make the Leafs be going in circles or getting worse. And on a side note, I think Liles and Franson are top 4, not Reilly and Komisarek.

That third trade is an alright deal, but I just don't think it's the right one for either team.

Leafsfan381 is offline   Reply With Quote