View Single Post
Old
08-14-2012, 12:33 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Agree to disagree. I see what you're saying (very well argued, props), but I still think that if Weber really wanted to be on this team, he wouldn't have signed a deal that he knew (Weber isn't stupid) was crafted specifically to not let us match.

Philly wouldn't have negotiated with Weber if he didn't frontload it? Ok, then how about Weber doesn't negotiate with Philly and just signs a deal here? If he really wanted to be here from the beginning, there was no reason for him to even negotiate with Philly. Just come to Poile, say "The Flyers offered me ___million over ___ years. Match it now or I'll sign that and you'll have to match it then, but it will be frontloaded instead of spread equally." Weber gets the same payday, Nashville, doesnt have to pay an obscene amount this year, and everyone is happy. There was no need to bring an offer sheet into this unless he wanted out.

I completely understand people saying "its just business", but that isnt going to change that I feel like Weber doesn't want to be here.
Question for you: Was it ok that the Predators took Weber to arbitration last season? I mean if the Predators really liked Weber and thought he was playing well why not offer him a long term deal last off season?

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote