View Single Post
Old
08-14-2012, 12:52 PM
86Habs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
It's really not Luongo we should be debating in my mind. I think Luongo and Price will both be on the team. What I think is up for grabs is that third spot.

Do you go with someone with a little more experience like Fleury? Or do you take a youngster to get him used to the environment in hopes he plays a bigger role in the future, like Holtby?
The last 3 Olympics we've taken Fleury ('10), Turco ('06), and Belfour ('02) as our 3rd goalies. Odds are the 3rd guy won't play anyway, but if recent history is any sort of indication we'd go with the more experienced guy in Fleury. He better play a he!! of a lot better than he did in this year's playoffs, though. Between now and then, though, a Holtby or a Smith could lead their team to deeper playoff runs, both raising their status vis-a-vis Fleury and also giving them necessary experience. That's why goaltending is the one position that's just so hard to predict this far out, things change so quickly - this time last year we wouldn't have been speaking about Holtby or Smith....