View Single Post
Old
08-14-2012, 02:59 PM
Wilch
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYVanfan View Post
Rented a car this past weekend, it had Sat radio ... Jim Boomer Gordon and Scott Laughlin are doing their annual GM Report Cards on NHL Home Ice on Sirius XM..

Pretty interesting stuff ...when it came to the Canucks, they both pretty much trashed Gillis; C and C- grades, respectively. Chief complaints:

1. Goaltending carousel not handled well (ie the trade shoulde been made sooner)
2. Hodgson not handled well (blasted MG for trashing Coho publicly after the deal.)
3. Where are the kids? No Gillis drafted players in the lineup. Pretty much reiterated this: http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/...m-mike-gillis/
4. Following #3, overall most of the lineup he inherited. What significant moves has he made on the lineup? Hamhuis and Garrison wanted to come here, and the Booth trade is looking iffy early on.

I know there's Gillis transaction thread, but thought this was interesting enough to post here. Also, I am a Gillis defender, I like everything he's done for the mostpart, but they did raise some good points.
They're taking a ridiculous stance so people can talk about how stupid they are. Which of course, gives them plenty of attention.