View Single Post
Old
08-14-2012, 08:17 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
I thought the article was a good one. I do feel as though Porth was drawing at straws for the 3 negatives or opposition shall we say, to why the rangers won't succeed in winning the cup.

1) Sure Gaborik has had a trend throughout his career, but you just can't guarantee it will continue. His rehab is going well. He had a down season his second year with the rangers because he was hampered with injuries throughout the season. This year he won't be starting his season until he is healthy and ready to go. I do believe he will go out and score 35 goals.

2) The rangers was used as a positive note in the first breath, and then a deterrent in the second. The only one I can see having true bumps in the road is Kreider. He is not used to an 82 game season. Stepan is very used to an 82 game season by now. Hagelin slowed down towards the end this past year so he has gone through the growing pains. And the argument that McDonagh and Del Zotto will have to handle bigger minutes is pretty foolish to make. McDonagh handle big, big, big minutes all year long. He played 50+ minutes in that overtime game in washington. Del Zotto will get 2nd pair, possibly 3rd pair minutes. He will absolutely be fine. And I'd hardly say he had an up and down postseason. He struggled towards the end of the devils series, however, his grandmother did pass away and I believe that had an effect on him.

3) This is the only argument I can somewhat entertain. The Rangers did look a step behind when they entered the playoffs. However, that was because their depth was not that strong. I think Sather will definitely address those needs once the cba is solved. They will get a 5/6 defenseman. And they will either sign Doan or Arnott for the 3rd line center. Or they invite Arnott/Rolston/Holmstrom to camp to compete for a 3rd line spot along with Miller being in that mix of competing. Say Miller makes the cut but struggles during the year they can make a deadline acquisition for the playoff run.

All in all I think this team is set for something special.

RGY is online now   Reply With Quote