View Single Post
Old
08-14-2012, 11:57 PM
Flames Fanatic
Unclenched

vCash: 1127
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
I don't get the point of the try out to be honest, he wouldn't be a upgrade on Jackman or Bouma or Aliu 2 years ago I can't see him being an upgrade now. I guess it is just to make the camp more of a battle for the 4th liners but with Stajan(?), Bouma, Jackman, Jones, Comeau, Aliu etc all fighting for 4th line roles seems wasted to me.
I said it on the main board but I'm going to say it here again.

I'm so sick of Flames fans thinking Aliu has such a high chance of playing on the team. Guess what, two games doesn't define a career. He has to earn a spot, not be given one. Begin is competition.

Personally, in a 4th line role, I'd rather have Begin over both Aliu and Stajan. Arguably Comeau at times too, when he's floating. Begin doesn't float. Ever.

Begin is a heart and soul player, the kind EVERY single coach in the NHL loves having on their team. This is literally a no risk try out. If we sign him, fantastic, free depth. If we get injuries like last season, we'll need him.

With people *****ing about not having contract spots, guess what, they're only worth something if you actually use them. Its like cap space all over again.

Flames Fanatic is online now   Reply With Quote