Thread: Confirmed with Link: Steve Begin gets proffesional tryout
View Single Post
Old
08-15-2012, 12:10 AM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post
I said it on the main board but I'm going to say it here again.

I'm so sick of Flames fans thinking Aliu has such a high chance of playing on the team. Guess what, two games doesn't define a career. He has to earn a spot, not be given one. Begin is competition.

Personally, in a 4th line role, I'd rather have Begin over both Aliu and Stajan. Arguably Comeau at times too, when he's floating. Begin doesn't float. Ever.

Begin is a heart and soul player, the kind EVERY single coach in the NHL loves having on their team. This is literally a no risk try out. If we sign him, fantastic, free depth. If we get injuries like last season, we'll need him.

With people *****ing about not having contract spots, guess what, they're only worth something if you actually use them. Its like cap space all over again.
I never said Aliu should be given a spot, I said he is in the mix to fight for 1. I don't get how people think its only 2 games I watched him in Abby and the kid was great at the agitating role there too. I don't mind competition but with Bouma ready for a spot and Aliu looking like he could use one too we have more than enough competition, I don't think any player should be given a spot but that doesn't mean I want us to invite every UFA on a tryout just so we have the most competition. Begin couldn't make couldn't make the predators 2 years ago and now that he has had a major surgery and a year off he is nhl ready?

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote