Thread: Confirmed with Link: Steve Begin gets proffesional tryout
View Single Post
Old
08-15-2012, 12:34 AM
MarkGio

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post
I said it on the main board but I'm going to say it here again.

I'm so sick of Flames fans thinking Aliu has such a high chance of playing on the team. Guess what, two games doesn't define a career. He has to earn a spot, not be given one. Begin is competition.

Personally, in a 4th line role, I'd rather have Begin over both Aliu and Stajan. Arguably Comeau at times too, when he's floating. Begin doesn't float. Ever.

Begin is a heart and soul player, the kind EVERY single coach in the NHL loves having on their team.
This is literally a no risk try out. If we sign him, fantastic, free depth. If we get injuries like last season, we'll need him.

With people *****ing about not having contract spots, guess what, they're only worth something if you actually use them. Its like cap space all over again.
Call me crazy, but I'm pretty ****ing sure that Aliu's two games in april meant alot more than Begin's two games over a season ago.

Kostopolous didn't float. Jackman doesn't float. Either did Jones. or Kolanos... So what, energy guys don't float? A 4th line should be filled with guys that raise their blood pressure on the ice? I expect the energy line to help the team sometimes. Or atleast be good enough on defense to keep a second or third line from generating offense. That's good depth, and it takes good players. Players that have played the game recently, otherwise let's call up Jeremy Roenick and see if he wants a try out.

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote